Consciousness shifting

Pat -

If I understand this: if only the consciousness exist outside the matrix
then the laws (limitations) that exist out side the matrix must exist in
the consciousness. There for physical and mental limitations only exist
in consciousness as a program. Just as a computer can only do what it is
program to, our conscience can only do what it's program to. Thought I
might of read somewhere that you don't conceder these physical laws to
exist in the consciousness. If these limiting laws don't exist in the
matrix or the consciousness, do they have a place all to themselves or
are these limiting laws floating around freely? Can you clear this up?
Well, I'm a bit confused by your question, but I'll give it a try. I believe there are two sets of rules. Rules which govern what the physical world (nodes) actually consists of, and rules which govern/limit how 'we' experience the physical world.

The rules that govern the physical world are the same for every life form inhabiting the matrix. They apply to non-sentient objects. The fixed nodes of reality.

The rules that govern sentient beings vary. Some life-forms experience reality (the nodes) in a different manner than we do.

Where do rules exist? I don't think I can answer that question. I'll have to think about it for a while.

When I talk about we, as in our consciousness, I'm talking about
the self-idealized embodiment of ones existence. The place where
cognition and the self reside."
Do chimps/new born humans/worms/trees/bacteria/virues experance nodes
(events)?
As far as I know. I'm assuming that they have consciousness. Without experiencing the matrix from their point of view I can't be sure. For all I know they're objects. Part of the Matrix, placed there for my amusement.

Our minds do perceive linear events. They do this as a result of
the laws imposed upon our consciousness.
Yes. The laws of Time. You can change the name of a rose, even change
it's definition, but it will still small the same. If you call something
a node, event, unit, it's the same to me. If you take what man kind has
given time credit for and give the credit to a new term, all your doing
is changing labels. I can see a reasoning that you might not want to use
the word 'time' because every one has different idles as to what time is,
and you might not what them too pollute (for lack of a better work) your
idle with their believes.
It looks like we may have reached an impasse on the non-existence of time discussion. I continue to insist that time and motion do not exist. That limitations on our ability to perceive more than one node at a time (etc) force us to sequentialize the nodal experiences. Because we perceive these events/nodes in a sequential manner, we've come up with an explanation to explain this sequential change/process. We call this time. Time itself does not exist. We created it. It's a label that we slapped on one aspect of our limited perception. Nothing actually changes. Everything; every event that has existed, exists, or will exist (in our/your/my probability path), exists simultaneously. All these nodes coexist simultaneously within the same physical space. Our consciousness is only capable of visiting/experiencing/processing one of them at a time.

What do you think time is?

You state that motion doesn't exist. Nodes don't move, it's our
conscience that moves. Well as long as something is moving (even if it's
only consciousness) then it's motion to me. If your right, we just
learned that motion is not what we though it was. Just as when we learn
that the moon was not made of cheese, it still remained the moon.
Right, motion and change are the same thing. As our consciousness moves from node to node we interpret these moves as change, because the changes occur sequentially, we came up with the term 'time' to explain the changes in sequence.

Our consciousness never actually 'moves'. It's not something physical like a bird flying from node to node. When I say it moves from one node to another, I'm talking about experiential moves. Once our consciousness finishes processing one node it 'moves' to another node. The next node that it moves to is limited to a specific subset of nodes by the rules we've talked about earlier. The specific node it moves to is selected (use of free will) from this subset.

Nothing is moving. Nowhere. No time. No motion. Just consciousness shifting its point of perception from one node to another.

- Robert