Natural vs Unnatural / Trapped in the matrix

Pat -

On Sunday, March 10, 2002, at 11:04 , Patrick G Konshak wrote:

From what I understand, you believe all the nodes happen at once, but our
brains only work in a sequential order, there for we can only comprehend
events happening sequentially?
Yes. This is essentially correct. That's what I believe. Sort of. I don't believe that our brains are limiting our ability to fully experience the matrix. I believe that there are a series of physical laws that limit the way in which we (our consciousness) can experience the matrix. The brain is a physical part of the matrix. We (our consciousness) are not.

When I talk about we, as in our consciousness, I'm talking about the self-idealized embodiment of ones existence. The place where cognition and the self reside.

This reminds me of a story of mine. When someone tells me "This is a
better drug, because it is natural" or "This is a better food because it
is nature". I reply with "Natural as appose to what? Supernatural
drugs?" or Unnatural food like the plastic fruit in the bowl on my
table?" This person is of the mind set that man is not part of nature
and anything he puts together is unnatural. I'm of the mind set that man
is part of nature (as Carol Sagon once said "A tree cell can read human
DNA." Note an exact quote) and the things man makes come from nature.
I agree one hundred percent. I've often had this discussion with people. They look at me a bit oddly when I try to explain that everything man makes is natural. I try to reason with them using the same terms you've used above. Depending on their level of comprehension, I am sometimes able to go a bit further. I try to explain to them, that the only things that are not natural, are those things that exist solely as ideals or concepts. Things outside the physical realm, yet accepted as something real by others. For example; Freedom as an ideal. It does not exist in nature, but you and I, as Americans understand what it is (with slight variations). We can even tell when it's missing, restricted, or unlimited. Another example; The self or ones consciousness. It cannot be placed in a jar of embalmers fluid and examined with forceps. You can't keep it in a drawer, or describe it with physical dimensions.

To me 'Time' is unnatural. A concept born or our inability to 'think' outside the bounds of our reality.

Getting back to the matrix. I believe man (his body, mind, spirit,
conscience, emotion, etc..) is part of the universe, the matrix, the
probability tree. Our conscience is sequential because the universe, the
matrix, the probability tree is sequential. Our conscience is governed by
the same physical laws as the probability matrix .
I agree on most of these points. Except the one about our consciousness being part of the Matrix. I believe that it is the only thing outside the matrix. Outside the matrix in the sense that it is capable of moving within the matrix. Whereas everything else is a static physical part of the matrix. I believe that it is part of the matrix in the sense that our consciousness is trapped within the matrix by the physical laws which limit and restrict it.

These questions will continue to be unanswered until we break
free of our physical limitations (laws of physics). Somewhere in
the probability matrix is a special node. That node comprises
the arrangement of matter where our consciousness breaks free
from it's limitations. Eventually, someone (some consciousness)
will encounter that node in their path. When that happens they
will be free to explore all the possibilities of the probability
matrix.

'Has that happened yet?' - ?

If you believe that all the nodes (events) happen at once, then it has
already happened.
I was hoping you'd say that. It was a leading question. I'm glad you answered the way you did. It shows me that my ideas can be followed by others. Even though I did not implicitly state that this node already existed, you were able to determine that it was. You did so by applying the principles of what I've been saying to the question.

The implications of the answer lead to other questions. What happens when you discover that node?

- Robert