Re: All things don't come to an end, they convert.

Pat -

You're making some good points. I agree that we can't destroy or create matter/energy. However, I still stick to my 'Probability Matrix' model. All things that exist/are occurring, will exist/ever occur, and have ever existed/occurred, simultaneously coexist within a static, unchanging, now. Nothing becomes, was, or transitions. It all just IS. Our consciousness makes connections between these nodes, and we are only able to experience these connections in a limited sequential manner. We call this sequencing of nodes 'Time'.

To us it seems like one event logically follows another, obeying the laws of physics. I like the Star Trek analogy, and do agree that probability nodes affect each other, but only in the context of my previous statement. Our consciousness makes these connections... (see above). As I said in an earlier email: "I have explained that there are a limited number of nodes (events) on any given probability path. The number of possible nodes (events) in any given probability path is limited by other physical constraints (laws of physics (Gravity, laws of thermodynamics, conservation of energy, etc...)." These limitations apply to our consciousness, and our ability to move from one node to another.

Your statement "one probability node's end is another probability node's beginning" is an accurate depiction of what I described as a probability tree. You have multiple branches on any probability tree. A common node is a starting point for numerous paths. I still don't believe that there are infinite nodes, or infinite probabilities. Just that there is a very large number of nodes/probabilities. Our consciousness (collectively as all of mankind) is only capable of making a limited number of nodal connections in the probability matrix.

So now we're on the subject of where did these nodes come from? Is there anything/one outside this matrix? I don't know. This is the point where scientists become religious. Know one really knows the answers to some questions. Who/what decided how big the matrix is, what's in the matrix, and what are the rules governing our consciousness? Why do we exist at all? How did our consciousness get into this matrix?

I bought a book recently; 'God & the new physics'. I don't expect to find any answers to these questions, but I'm hoping that it will help me understand some of these interesting questions. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait some time before I can read it. I'm bogged down in this management course. Learning about leadership, team building, the profession of arms, communication, etc..

- Robert