limitations on choices = no infinite choices

Pat -

You asked...

Question: Is each event infinity different from each other, or can there be two events the same?

Answer: In three parts.

Part 1: This is a loaded question. Because you included the word infinity in your question, I am inherently agreeing to a presumption of infinity (should have said infinitely by the way) if I answer yes. For example.

Part 2: I do believe that each event is unique. No two events are alike. I already stated that. In doing so I also stated that I do not believe that anything is infinite.

Part 3: Simply stating that any two events are unique, does not imply that there are an infinite number of events. That would be faulty logic.

I have explained that there are a limited number of nodes (events) on any given probability path. The number of possible nodes (events) in any given probability path is limited by other physical constraints (laws of physics (Gravity, laws of thermodynamics, conservation of energy, etc...).
As an example, we could revisit one of our old examples. A fish cannot jump out of a stream and become a G.E. Energy saver refrigerator. It is restricted from doing so by numerous laws of physics. Please don't ask me to come up with all the physical laws which would contradict such a transmogrification (Yes that's a real word, you can look it up if you'd like. I actually learned it from the Calvin and Hobbes comic strip). I'm sure one could come up with some of the specifics, if they cracked open a physics book (Maybe I'll go buy one..).
Because there are limitations on the number of possible events (nodes in the probability tree), there is no infinity. limitations on choices = no infinite choices.

So once again I restate my assumption: All events are unique and static. They all coexist simultaneously within the probability matrix, and they never occur more than once. I say no to infinity.

Of course it's very difficult to prove a negative in this assumption. I'd spend an awful long time (not an infinite amount of time) trying to prove it. So I'll just continue to call this an assumption for now.

- Robert

On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 09:08 , Patrick G Konshak wrote:

 On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 05:17:53 -0700 "Robert L. Vaessen" rvaessen mac com writes:
> Pat -
>
> I don't believe anything is infinite. As for explanations
> involving the 'Balance of the Universe' you're going to have to
> turn to a priest. I don't think I could pull that one off.
>
> I don't believe any events happen more than once. Every event is
> absolutely unique. No two events (nodes along a probability
> path) are unique. I don't believe in infinite time either. I
> don't believe in time at all. I thought we went over that before?

Good point, I'll take that into account. I'll have to use that one. That is: make someone explain what makes an event the same.

You say you don't believe anything is infinite. Answer this: Is each event infinity different from each other, or can there be two events the same?

Time does not exist, and neither does motion. Seriously, it doesn't exist...
Sacrilege; You'll be burned at the stake for saying such thing! Recant now before it's too late.
Read all about this crazy notion at: https://www.robsworld.org/notime.html